Pages

29 February 2016

Ridley's Revenge by Raymond G Sampson

From its cover, it will be clear to some people that this book has to be set in Dorset, on the coast in the Isle of Purbeck. That in itself is an attraction to me. I found it thrilling to recognise the landscape of an area I know so well, and to identify the family names of some of its characters.

Ridley’s Revenge is more than a book about a region, it’s a tale of storms and shipwrecks, of communities and customs – and excise.

There’s plenty to keep a reader entertained, irrespective of their local knowledge. I can imagine visitors staying in the area, Swanage especially, poring over maps as they attempt to locate the inspiration behind the places mentioned.


I received an uncorrected proof copy from the author, in return for an honest review.

Click here to find the book on Amazon:
Ridley's Revenge: A Purbeck Adventure