Pages

10 November 2015

Stocking Fillers by Debbie Young

When I received this book to read and review, I had intended to wait at least until the beginning of December, to snuggle up on the sofa with a glass of something seasonal, and read.

Clearly that didn’t happen. I then planned to read just one story and save the rest. That didn’t happen either. So, having read the book in November, here’s my review.

This is a charming collection of delightfully varied stories. Yes, the theme is Christmas but each story is so different and yet perfectly balanced that you’re carried along with half an ear listening for early sleigh bells.

Most of the stories contain humour, some are ironic, and one or two are downright emotional. Bit like the perfect Christmas!

Despite Christmas being only a few weeks away, I know I’m going to read this book again – on the sofa with that glass of something seasonal. 

As I mentioned at the beginning, I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.



Stocking Fillers: Twelve Short Stories for Christmas