Pages

25 February 2013

Old Friends by Sally Jenkins

The great thing about this collection of short stories by Sally Jenkins, is that they all have a message, wrapped with care and given with pleasure.

Another Fine Mess dipped into reality TV, Please Hold! and Out of Control will strike a chord with all cash-strapped and worried parents. Other stories told tales of frustration, friendships and missed chances.

I particularly found Old Friends incredibly moving. A tale for the 21st century, I think.  

And my favourite? Possibly I'd pick Built to Last - simply because it reminded me so much of a similar experience in Rome…

Yes, this is another lovely collection - although I couldn’t resist reading it in two sittings. There was no way I could ration myself to one story per coffee!

This book is available from Amazon.